Dermaplaning is a safe and painless skin exfoliating procedure that helps in removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells and the small, fine hairs (called vellus) many refer to as peach fuzz, revealing the fresh, smooth skin beneath. A ten or fourteen-gauge scalpel with gentle, feathering strokes is used by trained professionals to help exfoliate the outermost layer of the skin, treating acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and more. You can expect to see improved skin tone and texture after just one treatment.
The Dermaplane procedure improves skin texture by removing dead skin cells from the outer layers. Newer, healthier skin is revealed beneath the surface of the skin when dead skin cells are removed. Dermaplane requires a series of treatments over a period of four to six weeks. Regular Dermaplane treatments improve its effectiveness.
After your first treatment, your skin will appear more youthful, tighter, and brighter. After your procedure, we recommend using a quality moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
Benefits of Dermaplane include:
Contact Frost Aesthetics in Mount Vernon, IL to make an appointment for your Dermaplane treatment. Let us help your skin look its very best!
You will see some improvements in your skin as soon as your first treatment session is completed. The skin will appear more radiant and brighter. It will take 24 hours for your skin to relax after the treatment, and it will appear as though it has been rejuvenated
You can expect to see results from treatments that exfoliate your skin for up to a month, or sometimes even longer, depending on how your skin looks.
- Retin-A or other exfoliating creams should not be used 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) before your treatment.
- For at least a week before treatment, avoid sun tanning and tanning creams/sprays.
- You must NOT have recently used Accutane or had laser surgery.
- Prior to undergoing dermaplane, candidates who have recently undergone a chemical peel or other skin treatments, such as a collagen injection, should wait two to three weeks.
- For a few weeks before dermaplane treatment, prospective patients should refrain from waxing or tanning the skin.
- Prep your face and neck for each treatment by washing with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser.
Following these post-procedure instructions will maximize Dermaplane recovery time and results:
- Make sure the new skin is kept clean and moisturized.
- If necessary, apply anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses.
- Make sure you use a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid scratching or picking the treated areas.
- For one week, do not use harsh chemicals on the treated skin, rub it, or tan it.
- There may be some peeling in the treated areas, but moisturizer should minimize it.
- Keep out of the sun for at least 7 days after the Dermaplane treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin and slowing down the healing process.
- Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above should be used by patients who cannot avoid exposure to the sun.
- For 24-48 hours after treatment, avoid glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, and topical acne treatments.
- When you have completed your last dermaplane treatment, or as instructed by your technician, you can resume the use of prescription retinol products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra or other brands of Tretinoin). Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, Tazarotene are also prescription retinoid products.