Youthful skin has high levels of hyaluronic acid, making the skin plump and wrinkle-free. As we age, hyaluronic acid production in the body naturally declines, causing volume loss.
Dermal Fillers are used to restore the skeletal structure, fill folds, and reduce hollow spaces. There are a number of uses for fillers, including lifting the cheeks, filling tear troughs under your eyes, filling the parenthesis folds between your nose and mouth, and filling marionette lines between your teeth. At Frost Aesthetics, we use the natural Derma Fillers, Belotero Balance, to help you reach your aesthetic goals.
Using a micro-needle, a small amount of Dermal Filler is injected into the desired location. All types and colors of skin can benefit from these treatments. Fillers can be used for preventative maintenance and instant gratification. Belotero Balance fillers are long-lasting and generally last for 6 to 12 months.
Popular uses for Dermal Fillers include:
Contact Frost Aesthetics in Mount Vernon, IL, to see if Dermal Fillers are the right choice for you. You can book your filler appointment online for your convenience.
After a single treatment, patients should notice a noticeable difference in their appearance.
The number of Dermal Filler injections you will need will depend on the type of filler that is used, the area, and how your body responds to it.
- One week before the treatment: You should avoid taking blood thinners such as Aspirin, NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Vioxx), St. John’s Wort, Fish Oil, Ginseng, Gingko, Biloba, and Vitamin E supplements (these may cause bleeding and bruising at the injection site). Please let us know if you are taking Coumadin or Plavix.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before treatment.
- Schedule your dermal filler treatment at least two weeks prior to a vacation or special event.
- Let us know if anything has changed in your medical history since your last appointment.
- If you have previously suffered from cold sores, you may need medications to prevent their recurrence.
- Arnica Montana and Bromelain tablets may help prevent bruising and swelling. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or call our office for instructions.
- Start taking Arnica 2 days before injections to help with bruising and swelling.
- The treated area should not be moved or massaged unless instructed by your provider.
- For 24 hours, refrain from strenuous exercise.
- For 72 hours, avoid excessive sun or heat.
- To prevent swelling, avoid drinking too much alcohol or eating too much salt.
- Apply a cool compress for 15 minutes every hour if you have swelling.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Whenever possible, sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.